1. What is the value of a professional landscape plan?
It will allow you to visualize your project, estimate a budget, and accurately install. Designers will use their experience and knowledge to properly create and coordinate all the elements so that they flow together producing professional results.
Professional landscaping minimizes costly expenses due to mistakes by poor (or no) planning and it also gives you the flexibility to breakdown your project into phases. Relatively large landscape expenditures significantly increase home value and will result in a higher selling price than homes with a minimal landscape.
2. Can you explain the design process?
We will meet to consult and assimilate the design program based on the site and data received from you. On-site measurements and analysis of the areas to be addressed are taken in order to develop a scaled base map. Depending on the scope of work preparation of a preliminary plan may be necessary; otherwise the final plan will be established and presented to you. Based on your feedback the project can be estimated and priced.
3. How far in advance should I begin planning my landscape?
Depending on the size and complexity of your project, as well as time of the year, we recommend a few months to as much as a year to allow adequate time for: a collaborative design process, materials selection, estimating, contractual agreements, any necessary approvals or permits, scheduling, and the installation based on the scope of the project.
4. When is the best time to have landscape work installed?
This depends on the particular items, but the following is a rough guide:
• Plantings: April until frost, often December.
• Sod Lawns: April until frost, often December.
• Seed Lawns: April, May, September, & October are the four best months.
• Hardscape: Anytime the ground is not frozen.
• Swimming Pool: March to December, but allow time for excavated soil to settle if installing a patio.
• DESIGNS- ANYTIME: winter is a great time without distractions and allows you to put the shovel in the ground as soon as spring breaks, beat the customer rush, and enjoy the whole season.
Please feel free to call us to discuss a particular job, pricing, and schedule to meet.
Prior to starting work, we will need the following:
• Your design wish list
• A legible & current property survey
CONTACT US for more information and details!
"We wanted to personally thank you for the terrific job you did on our backyard. Your professionalism and attention to detail made the job stress-free. Your creativity, vision and responsiveness to our wishes made it possible."– Susan, Farmingville, NY